Consultations for the Angola Country Partnership Framework 2020-2025
The World Bank Group (WBG) and the Government and Angola are preparing a new, Country Partnership Framework (CPF), which will outline the WBG’s support to the country’s development priorities. To insure the Angola CPF benefits from a range of viewpoints, we are asking you to share your views on the WBG’s proposed approach.
This is a pivotal time for Angola in its quest to meet the World Bank’s goals of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity, as well as making progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals and improving its lagging Human Development Index.
As a first step to developing the new CPF, the World Bank prepared a Systematic Country Diagnostic (SCD) for Angola that identifies the binding constraints that prevent the country from reaching its full economic potential and addressing poverty and inequality. The SCD includes input from a wide range of stakeholders, including members of civil society. The Angola Country Private Sector Diagnostic provides complementary analysis for the CPF.
From now through October 1, 2019, we are widening our reach and inviting stakeholders to provide feedback on the draft CPF.
Here are some questions to consider in your feedback:
- Has the CPF document captured the main development challenges that our new strategy should address to support the development of Angola?
- How should the WBG support Angola’s Development Agenda?
- Are the CPF objectives and proposed areas of interventions appropriate?
- In your opinion, what are the most important reforms that the government should put in place?
- What should we change to improve the effectiveness of our programs?
- What results should we achieve to have a transformational impact in Angola’s development?
Please send your comments, questions or suggestions by email to Wilson Peril Mbanino Piassa, [email protected].