Consultations for The Gambia Country Partnership Framework 2021-2026
The World Bank Group (WBG) has a structured country engagement process which begins with the Systematic Country Diagnostic (SCD) that identifies the critical constraints and opportunities facing countries. Now, the WBG and the Government of The Gambia are preparing a new Country Partnership Framework (CPF) which will outline the WBG’s support to the country’s development priorities through 2026.
The new 5-year CPF for The Gambia under preparation aims to accelerate the country’s transition out of fragility and support the Government’s vision of sustainable, resilient, and inclusive growth.
The Proposed Focus Areas of the CPF are:
- Strengthen accountability and effectiveness in governance;
- Enable inclusive and resilient job creation;
- Enhance human capital investments and improve public service delivery.
The CPF also incorporates three cross-cutting themes:
- Mitigating COVID-19 impacts;
- Accelerating the Digital Economy;
- Empowering women and girls.
Consultation with key stakeholders, including representatives of the public and private sectors, civil society and academia is an important element in the process of developing the CPF.
From March 1st to March 31st 2021 we are inviting stakeholders to provide feedback online on how the World Bank Group can best support The Gambia to address its development challenges.
We request your input during the online public consultations period on the following questions:
- Do the proposed focus areas address The Gambia’s most important needs? If not, what areas would you propose?
- What are the main risks to our activities in The Gambia?
- Are there things the World Bank Group could do differently in the Gambia?
Share your views!
The World Bank Group welcomes all views and regards them as essential inputs into the CPF, to ensure that we provide effective support for The Gambia in achieving its poverty reduction and development goals.
We need to hear from you!
Your insights will help us deliver the right kind of help, to where it is most needed.