Moldova CPF Consultations
The World Bank Group (WBG) has begun preparing its new Country Partnership Framework (CPF) with Moldova. We are seeking your feedback and advice. You can either write to us or complete a short questionnaire – details below.
The CPF is based on other documents. Paths to Sustained Prosperity is a diagnosis which describes what Moldova must do to end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a way that is environmentally, socially and fiscally sustainable. The Performance and Learning Review assesses the World Bank Group’s work during 2013-6.
In addition, the recent Country Opinion Survey (COS) describes how Moldovans perceive our work and our role.
Top 3 Diagnostic Priorities:
- Growth in remittances and pensions can't last. We need growth in jobs
- Building assets and protecting people
- Skills shortages and imperfect labor markets impede job creation
- ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE: rule of law and accountability of institutions
- SERVICE GOVERNANCE: efficiency and equity
- SKILLS: quality, relevance, and equity of education and training systems
Are we on the right track?
Here are some questions to start with:
- Do the proposed pillars address Moldova's top needs?
- Is the future clear enough to plan our work after 2018?
- What are the main risks to our activities in Moldova?
- How can our investments and analysis address gender inequality?
- What analytical work should be a priority for 2017-19?
- Should the WBG be discussing budget support to Moldova? If so, what should the conditions be?
- If the WBG supports education, what results should it focus on?
- Does anything need WBG support in 2019 more than education?
- What are the WBG's weaknesses and 'blind spots'?
The Consultation Process: There will be both face-to-face consultation meetings and an online/web based platform. We will consult the Government of Moldova, representatives of the Private Sector, Civil Society and development partners. Some consultations will take place in the regions.
Be part of the online Consultation:
- Take the online questionnaire on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cpfpublic
- Send your views to us at the World Bank’s office in Chisinau at: MoldovaCPF@worldbank.org
You can also contact us through our World Bank Moldova Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WorldBankMoldova/
We appreciate your input!