Systematic Country Diagnostic and Country Partnership Framework in Lao PDR
- Online survey:February 02, 2016 to March 30, 2016
The first round of engagements, which will focus on identifying opportunities and challenges and prioritizing the critical interventions to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity to feed into the SCD, will take place in February 2016. The first round of engagements will specifically seek to gain insight from stakeholders on the following questions:
- What are the opportunities and constraints for ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity?
- What are the most critical interventions for dealing with the identified constraints?
- How could the country sustainably maximize poverty reduction and improve the welfare of the poor and the less well off?
- Extreme poverty: people living with less than 7,500 LAK (in current prices) per person per day
- Shared prosperity: emphasis on growth of income/consumption of the poorest 40% of the population
City Country Date Meeting Details
The second round of engagements, which is planned to take place from October 21 to November 17, 2016, will seek inputs on which development priorities the WBG should help address in Lao PDR in the next 5 years. Engagements for the second round will seek to gain insights from stakeholders on the following questions:
- In which areas do stakeholders see the WBG's support (either through financing, technical advice or policy dialogue), would have the biggest impact in promoting sustainable poverty reduction and shared prosperity from 2017-2021 in Lao PDR?
- Which areas do they view as being under-resourced by government and/or development partners in Lao PDR?
- Are there areas where they think the WBG should not engage in Lao PDR?